Answer Expert Verified A Research Paper best describes research writing. Explanation: A Research Paper best describes research writing.May 2, 2021
What are the five characteristics of a good research?
- It is based on the work of others.
- It can be replicated and doable .
- It is generalisable to other settings.
- It is based on some logical rationale and tied to theory.
- It generates new questions or is cyclical in nature.
- It is incremental.
Characteristics of research
- Empirical - based on observations and experimentation on theories.
- Systematic - follows orderly and sequential procedure.
- Controlled - all variables except those that are tested/experimented upon are kept constant.
- Employs hypothesis - guides the investigation process.
The Seven Steps of the Research Process
- Step 1: Identify and Develop Your Topic.
- Step 2: Find Background Information.
- Step 3: Use Catalogs to Find Books and Media.
- Step 4: Use Databases to Find Journal Articles.
- Step 5: Find Internet Resources.
- Step 6: Evaluate What You Find.
- Step 7: Cite What You Find Using a Standard Format.
Steps to organizing your manuscript
- Prepare the figures and tables.
- Write the Methods.
- Write up the Results.
- Write the Discussion. Finalize the Results and Discussion before writing the introduction.
- Write a clear Conclusion.
- Write a compelling introduction.
- Write the Abstract.
- Compose a concise and descriptive Title.
The goal of a research paper is to bring together different views, evidence, and facts about a topic from books, articles, and interviews, then interpret the information into your own writing. It's about a relationship between you, other writers, and your teacher/audience.
Title, Abstract, Introduction (Statement of problem, Scope, Literature/Previous work) Method of study, Results, Analysis/Interpretation of Results, Conclusion then References. Of all these, the most important part of a research paper is the Results for that is the major contribution of the author to knowledge.Apr 30, 2021
A research topic is a subject or issue that a researcher is interested in when conducting research. A well-defined research topic is the starting point of every successful research project. Choosing a topic is an ongoing process by which researchers explore, define, and refine their ideas.
A good manuscript, first of all, should present new – thus not previously published – results, and should be well written, i.e., it should have a fluent narrative, be concise and at the same time complete, have good graphics, and also be correct in the citing of work of other scientists.
CHAPTER 1: MEANING AND CHARACTERISTICS OF RESEARCH
- Empirical. Research is based on direct experience or observation by the researcher.
- Logical. Research is based on valid procedures and principles.
A research paper is an expanded essay that presents your own interpretation or evaluation or argument. In fact, this guide is designed to help you navigate the research voyage, through developing a research question and thesis, doing the research, writing the paper, and correctly documenting your sources.