APA in-text citation style uses the author’s last name and the year of publication, for example: (Field, 2005). For direct quotations, include the page number as well, for example: (Field, 2005, p. 14).Jul 12, 2021
Cite web postings as you would a standard web entry. Provide the author of the work, the title of the posting in quotation marks, the web site name in italics, the publisher, and the posting date. Follow with the date of access. Include screen names as author names when author name is not known.
A basic reference list entry for a journal article in APA must include:
- Author or authors.
- Year of publication of the article (in round brackets).
- Article title.
- Journal title (in italics).
- Volume of journal (in italics).
- Issue number of journal in round brackets (no italics).
- Page range of article.
- DOI or URL.
Include information in the following order:
- author (the person or organisation responsible for the site)
- year (date created or last updated)
- page title (in italics)
- name of sponsor of site (if available)
- accessed day month year (the day you viewed the site)
- URL or Internet address (pointed brackets).
Reference List Order. Works are listed in alphabetical order in the reference list, by the first word of the reference list entry. Arrange entries in alphabetical order by the surname of the first author followed by the initials of the author's given name(s).Feb 25, 2021
Start a new page and title your list Reference. Then list in alphabetical order all the sources that you have cited in the paper. Remember
- “References” is centered at the top of the page.
- Double spacing is used throughout.
- Use a hanging indent, so that the first line is at the margin and all following lines are indented.
Running title is an abbreviated form of the main title, usually cited at the top of each published page or left-hand text pages. Running title serves to guide a reader while scanning through a journal or toggling through multiple pages of the journal online.Jul 29, 2017
APA Style provides clarity to papers on often complex topics. It makes papers easier to read and understand. When sources are cited the same way each time and the paper is written in a uniform format, it gives it better flow and helps keep the focus on the content of the paper.Aug 23, 2012
An APA reference list must:
- Be on a new page at the end of the document.
- Be centred.
- Be alphabetically by name of first author (or title if the author isn't known, in this case a, an and the should be ignored)
- Contain full references for all in-text references used.
APA website citations usually include the author, the publication date, the title of the page or article, the website name, and the URL. If there is no author, start the citation with the title of the article. If the page is likely to change over time, add a retrieval date.Nov 5, 2020
- Margins: 1 inch on all sides.
- Font: APA states that "papers should be written in a font that is accessible to all users" (p.
- Line Spacing: Double-spaced, including title page, abstract, text, headings, block quotations, reference list, table and figure notes, and appendices.