Like other types of essays, argumentative essays typically have three main sections: the introduction, the body, and the conclusion.Jun 11, 2019
There are a few key types of inductive reasoning.
- Generalized. This is the simple example given above, with the white swans.
- Statistical. This form uses statistics based on a large and random sample set, and its quantifiable nature makes the conclusions stronger.
- Causal inference.
Top Persuasive Speech Topics for 2020 on Ethics
- Juvenile delinquency is acceptable.
- Prostitution should be legal.
- Underage driving should be punishable by law.
- Beauty pageants for children should be banned.
- Prisoner's right to vote.
- Voting rights should not be universal.
- Guns should be banned from college campuses.
A good introduction in an argumentative essay acts like a good opening statement in a trial. Just like a lawyer, a writer must present the issue at hand, give background, and put forth the main argument -- all in a logical, intellectual and persuasive way.
List of Argumentative Speech Topic
- Technology is making people less creative.
- Guns should be made illegal.
- Minors should be tried for murder at any age.
- Human beings are becoming slaves of modern technology.
- Organ donation should be mandatory.
- Health risks of smoking are exaggerated.
- Vaccinations should be compulsory.
Example. Junk food is bad for your health is not a debatable thesis. Most people would agree that junk food is bad for your health. Because junk food is bad for your health, the size of sodas offered at fast-food restaurants should be regulated by the federal government is a debatable thesis.
Here are the parts to include for an effective speech:
- Hook. At the beginning of your speech, your goal is to hook your audience.
- Background Information.
- Thesis Statement.
- Refutation of Opposing Viewpoints.
- Concluding Your Argumentative Speech.