If you’re an Android user, there’s a handy little app from Google called Live Transcribe (Android) that transcribes what you say in real time. It’s great for those moments where you can’t remember how to spell certain words or you want to just capture some quick thoughts.Jun 29, 2019
Here are some tips.
- 1 Make sure you're clear on the concepts you're writing about.
- 2 If the message is complex, outline it.
- 3 Anticipate your readers' questions.
- 4 Don't over-explain everything.
- 5 Go easy on the prepositional phrases.
- 6 Eliminate the filler words and phrases.
- 7 Don't pad weak words with adverbs.
Improve Your Writing Skills with 6 Free Online Courses
- English Grammar & Essay Writing. University of California, Berkeley.
- English for Journalists: Key Concepts.
- English for Journalists: Free Speech and Media Trends.
- Preparing for the AP* English Language and Composition Exam.
- English Composition.
- How to Write an Essay.
If you're an Android user, there's a handy little app from Google called Live Transcribe (Android) that transcribes what you say in real time. It's great for those moments where you can't remember how to spell certain words or you want to just capture some quick thoughts.Jun 29, 2019
7 Great Ways to Encourage Your Child's Writing
- Write a “Convince Me!” letter. Writing isn't just about telling stories or reporting on books.
- Play a game with pictures.
- Play “Tell Me How”
- Make an “I Can” book.
- Play “Fortunately/Unfortunately”
- Make a journal jar.
- Create a family scrapbook.
- Clear your mind. Relax. Forget all of the rules concerning grammar.
- Set a time limit for yourself. If you are a beginning writer try a ten-minute limit.
- After you've set a time limit, WRITE. Don't stop.
- When the time limit is finished, STOP. Write nothing else.
We often call these prewriting strategies “brainstorming techniques.” Five useful strategies are listing, clustering, freewriting, looping, and asking the six journalists' questions. These strategies help you with both your invention and organization of ideas, and can aid you in developing topics for your writing.
The EasyBib Plus paper checker is your one-stop shop to check for plagiarism, create citations, spot spelling mistakes, and receive feedback on your grammar and style. When you proofread and do a manual spelling check on work that you've written, you're more likely to overlook mistakes.Feb 3, 2019
What can Jarvis Help You Write Faster Today?
- AIDA Framework. Use the oldest marketing framework in the world.
- Problem-Agitate-Solution (PAS) Framework.
- Product description.
- Content improver.
- Creative Story.
- Blog Post Topic Ideas.
- Blog Post Outline.
- Blog Post Intro Paragraph.
Let's consider these writing apps with all of their pros and cons in a bit more detail.
- Grammarly. Grammarly is arguably one of the most talked-about writing apps for MAC and Windows.
- Scrivener (Free Trial)
- MS Notepad & Mac TextEdit.
- Hemingway Editor.
- Portent's Content Idea Generator.