The average content writer makes about $52,121 per year. That’s $25.06 per hour! Those in the lower 10%, such as entry-level positions, only make about $37,000 a year.
Here are 25 of the best content creation tools on the market today, with each speaking to a specific pain point related to the writing process. Drafting tools for content marketing writers
- Google Docs.
- Coschedule's Headline Analyzer.
- Biteable Infographic Video Maker.
21 Ways to Write More Compelling Marketing Copy
- Define your target audience. First things first, decide who you're selling to.
- Choose an objective.
- Create urgency.
- Back it up with data.
- Leverage customer reviews.
- Keep it simple.
- Use active voice.
- Pick your adjectives wisely.
As a marketer, writing well means being able to convey an idea, message, or even a brand. That may mean breaking down the features and benefits of a product into terms your audience can understand or highlighting crucial aspects of a product and influencing people to learn more or make a purchase.
- Steps for Creating the Marketing Plan.
- Prepare a mission statement.
- List and describe target or niche markets.
- Describe your services.
- Spell out marketing and promotional strategies.
- Identify and understand the competition.
- Establish marketing goals that are quantifiable.
- Monitor your results carefully.
A content marketing writer is an expert communicator who is responsible for creating online written content – blogs, articles, ebooks, white papers, social media copy, infographic copy, and more – that builds trust and loyalty with readers while engaging and informing them.Jan 20, 2020
Increasing brand awareness is challenging, but you can follow these seven steps to use content marketing to achieve your branding goals.
- Understand your audience.
- Create a content strategy.
- Use your company's blog as a tool for brand awareness.
- Participate in the community.
- Send email newsletters.
A good content marketer also needs to be value focused and have an eye for quality. That top content marketer is empathetic, putting themselves in the shoes of the audience and truly understanding their needs. Research has proven that the audience's perspective is what drives the success of your content strategy.
Marketing Strategy: 10 Examples of Brands that Succeed
- Spotify: Offer a Different User Experience.
- Nordstrom: Use Retargeting Intelligently.
- GoPro: Trust User-Generated Content.
- Sephora: Work Your Loyalty Programs.
- Rainforest Alliance: Be Supportive.
- Twitch: Focus on Your Niche.
- Nike: Promote Your Values.
To achieve these results, you need to focus on improving these 9 most important content marketing skills.
- Content creation skills.
- Editing skills.
- Deep understanding of sales funnels.
- Planning skills.
- Research skills.
- SEO skills.
- Content promotion skills.
- Data analysis skills.
The base salary for Marketing Content Writer ranges from $50,289 to $75,575 with the average base salary of $58,586. The total cash compensation, which includes base, and annual incentives, can vary anywhere from $50,290 to $75,934 with the average total cash compensation of $58,621.
Content Marketing – How To Write Engaging Articles
- Engage In Digital Storytelling.
- Put Your Business Objectives On The Back Burner.
- Don't Be Afraid To Inject A Bit Of Personality.
- Research Should Be At The Center Of Your Content Strategy.
- Your Title Is As Important As The Content Itself.
- Craft A Great Opener.