The APA referencing style is an “author-date” style, so the citation in the text consists of the author(s) and the year of publication given wholly or partly in round brackets. Use only the surname of the author(s) followed by a comma and the year of publication.6 days ago
In-text citations include the last name of the author followed by a page number enclosed in parentheses. "Here's a direct quote" (Smith 8). If the author's name is not given, then use the first word or words of the title. Follow the same formatting that was used in the Works Cited list, such as quotation marks.
Include information in the following order:
- author (if available)
- year of publication.
- article title (between single quotation marks)
- newspaper title (in italics)
- date of article (day, month, page number—if given—and any additional information available)
- accessed day month year (the date you accessed the items)
Book references: general form
- Author, A. A., & Author, B. B. (year). Book title. Location: Publisher.
- Author, A. A., & Author, B. B. (year). Book title. Retrieved from http://www.xxxxxx.
- Author, A. A., & Author, B. B. (year). Book title.
- Editor, A. A. (Ed.). (year).
- Editor, A. A., & Editor B. B. (Eds.). (year).
What to Include on a Reference List
- Include the reference's full contact information. List their full name, title, and company in addition to their street address, phone, and email.
- Include your contact information.
- Add a title to the page.
- Be consistent with your formatting.
- Check for accuracy.
APA website citations usually include the author, the publication date, the title of the page or article, the website name, and the URL. Websites with no date.
|Format||Last name, Initials. (n.d.). Page title. Site Name. Retrieved Month Day, Year, from URL|
|In-text citation||(University of Amsterdam, n.d.)|
There are two types of in-text citations that are used within the body of an APA paper to help the reader locate the corresponding reference in the reference list. The two types of in-text citations are parenthetical citations and narrative citations.
How to Cite Online Material from a Computer Network in APA
- author's name (if known)
- date of publication or last revision (if known), in parentheses (year, month, day)
- title of document.
- title of complete work (if applicable), in italics.
- the word “Retrieved” followed by the date you accessed the source (month, day, year)
The APA referencing style is an "author-date" style, so the citation in the text consists of the author(s) and the year of publication given wholly or partly in round brackets. Use only the surname of the author(s) followed by a comma and the year of publication.6 days ago
When using APA format, follow the author-date method of in-text citation. This means that the author's last name and the year of publication for the source should appear in the text, like, for example, (Jones, 1998). One complete reference for each source should appear in the reference list at the end of the paper.